First of all, we recommend you Transfer your domains to AppDrag rather than connecting them from elsewhere, this way you'll get SSL & email service for free, plus manage preferences of everything in one place.
If you still want to connect your domain without transfering, please follow the instructions below:
1) Go to your AppDrag Dashboard
2) Click the Options button of the project you want to connect your domain to.
3) In the left menu bar, click on Domains.
4) Click on "Use an existing domain from another registrar".
5) Type your domain name (starting with "www.", ex: www.test.com), then click on the "Add" button.
6) A modal will open with instructions on actions to take on your existing registrar's configuration page (where you bought the domain name).
7) In a new browser tab, go to your existing registrar (GoDaddy, OVH, NameCheap, Gandi, ...). Once there, edit the DNS Zone (List of DNS records) of your domain:
a) Add a redirection (301 permanent, without frames) from your root domain to your domain including the three W's (ex: from test.com to www.test.com).
b) Add a CNAME entry for www pointing to custom-domain.appdrag.com (These exact words, and not your actual custom-domain name.) Some registrars may require you to add a dot (.) after the ".com".
8) Go back to the AppDrag tab, check off the checkbox, and click on the Add button.
That's all :)
Depending on your regisrar, the DNS changes can take anything between five minutes to a few hours to complete.
This tool will allow you to follow up on the DNS propagation:
If you have any questions or difficulties, feel free to open the Chat support and get direct assistance to help you configure your domain.
The following video will walk you through the step-by-step process of redirecting from a GoDaddy account:
The following video will walk you through the step-by-step process of redirecting from a Gandi account:
📘 Note : If you need help, don't hesitate to contact us directly through our community .